Skype for Business, known as Microsoft Link Server, is an integrated communication platform that integrates common business communication channels and online meetings. Also, it is including instant messaging, attendance, video conferencing, and more. To put it more clearly, you can also use this feature to stay in touch with your peers. With this feature, you can easily communicate with others in everyday life. However, for Business, Skype can sometimes cause you problems such as consuming disk space. Therefore, you can select to disable or uninstall Skype for Business from your computer. If you are using Office 365 Skype for Business, it is essential to note that it cannot uninstall from your computer unless you remove the Microsoft Office website reset.
Disable Skype For Business Via Skype Settings
In this method, to disable this feature to prevent it from starting, please follow the instructions below.
- Step 1: Open Skype Settings for Business, go to Tools tab and select Options.
- Step 2: Select the Personal option on the left. The app will automatically launch when I log in to Windows 10, launch the app in the foreground, and then right-click to confirm the changes.
- Step 3: Click the Settings button again in the Skype for Business interface and select File and Exit in order.
This step will clear all your profile cache for Business Skype and disable automatic sign-in when the app opens. After step three, you have successfully deactivated Skype for Business from your computer, and you will not see it even if it is still on your computer.
Uninstall Skype For Business Via Control Panel
This method will clear all your profile cache for Business Skype and uninstall from Windows 10 via Control Panel.
- Step 1: Firstly, open your Skype For Business and exit this app.
- Step 2: In the sign-in interface, please click on the Delete my sign-in information option.
- Step 3: Close Skype for Business.
- Step 4: Like any other software on your computer, you need to uninstall Skype for Business. So you have to go to Control Panel> Programs> Programs & Features> Uninstall or change a program.
- Step 5: Select Skype for Business and click Uninstall.
If Skype is not listing for Business, it means that you are using an integrated version with other Office 365 applications. Also, the only way to uninstall it is to remove all offices from your office.
Uninstall Skype For Business Via Registry Editor
If the two methods mentioned above do not work, the third option is to uninstall it from your document. Now, let’s see how to uninstall Skype for Business via Registry Editor from Windows 10.
- Step 1: Here, press the Windows icon and the R key at the same time. Once you have received a playlist, please type regedit and click the OK button to go to the Registry Editor window.
- Step 2: In the Registry Editor window, please navigate the Edit tab and select the Find option.
- Step 3: Type in the Skype search box for Business and click the Next search button.
- Step 4: Right-click to delete all search lists.
You will delete any Skype records from the registry. Significant problems can occur if you change the registry improperly. To safe, it is advisable to back up your registry before making any changes.
Suggested Next Steps for Skype For Business End of Life
- View the Team Improvement Framework online. It is notable to note that there is no way to update automatically. Also, it will require you to form groups as a new tenant and then find out how people move into groups over time, even if they try to give it a fixed look.
- Consider whether you need services for coexistence when you migrate—these modes mix meetings and chats based on your choices and move users from one client to another. Many Microsoft advisors recommend tearing up band-aids and jumping in immediately.
- Decide when you want to integrate your communication/voice platform with Microsoft teams. If you already have a voice solution integrated with Skype, start your proper endeavor on price models to direct groups online. And evaluate group phone systems for users who need a mobile phone.
Above guide will be helpful to you when you need to uninstall Skype for Business. Here is the official Skype For Business page on Microsoft website. There are few versions available to free download.
Also, read about these 5 Best Free Online Cloud Storages / File Sharing Sites.